Updates and Changes to the 2018 Subaru Crosstrek Subcompact SUV
Before the Crosstrek was the Crosstrek, you may have known it as the Subaru Impreza Outback Sport–but it followed the same general recipe as the current XV/Crosstrek: compact, fierce, versatile, capable, fun, affordable.
The 2018 Subaru Crosstrek, which goes on sale this summer at Garavel Subaru, is no different.
We take a look at updates, pricing, and specs for this new crossover.
Earlier this month, we looked at two Subaru wagon model-years to see the differences; but if you’re not looking for a large crossover, the subcompact Crosstrek will be a smarter choice for you.Compare the 2017 vs 2018 Crosstrek here to get a feel for what the most recent model offers.
2017 Subaru Crosstrek vs 2018 Subaru Crosstrek
- 2017 Crosstrek is built on the old platform; 2018 Crosstrek is built on Subaru’s new Global Platform for lighter, stronger, safer, more efficient performance
- Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive comes standard on both
- The 2018 Crosstrek offers expanded Eyesight availability
- 2017 Crosstrek still offers an available manual transmission; the 2018 Crosstrek will be only automatic
- 2018 Crosstrek boasts 152 horsepower compared to the 148 HP of the 2017 Crosstrek
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are now equipped on the 2018 Crosstrek
- The 2018 Crosstrek will likely be slightly more expensive
- The 2017 Crosstrek is available now; the 2018 Crosstrek will go on sale this summer
You can shop new Crosstrek inventory online today at Garavel Subaru to see if the current model will be the right fit for you, or contact us to pre-order your 2018 Subaru Crosstrek if you think the recent upgrades will be the better match for your Stamford commute.